Tuesday, September 14, 2010

Reflecting on the Song in My Heart

So I woke up this morning with this song in my heart and head, and I remembered how much I love it. It was the first song from this album that really jumped out at me, and I've come to think of it as "my song" with God. I think everyone has that song- one the connects with who you are, where you've been, how you are changing. For me and my life, this song best expresses how I feel about Him and what He's done for me and generally just makes me joyful and thankful. I've had some hard, traumatic things happen to me and I've definitely done my share of messing things up, but when I think about my life, I think about where I was before Jesus, and who I am now since He's come into my life. I'm glad that there are so many people who knew  me B.C. and can testify to the difference- His mercy and healing for me takes my breath away.

The words don't really come alive without the music, but I thought I'd share them with you anyways. I am humbled and grateful for the love of my Savior for me:

when i think about the Lord
how He saved me, how He raised me
how He filled me with the Holy Ghost
how He healed me to the uttermost
when i think about the Lord
how he picked me up
turned me around
how He set my feet
on solid ground

it makes me want to shout
hallelujah! thank you, Jesus!
Lord, you're worthy
of all the glory, and all the honor
and all the praise!
Hallelujah! thank you, Jesus!
Lord, you're worthy
of all the glory, and all the honor
and all the praise!
-- Shane & Shane, "When I Think About the Lord"

No comments:

Post a Comment