Saturday, May 21, 2011

Longing - A Moment of Reflection

These weeks since being back have been beyond crazy. I have a couple of reflective posts in the pipeline, but in this quite moment, I just want to share a song with you. I've been feeling so scattered, so adrift. And I realized it's because my alone time with Him has been all over the place. I found myself crying on my way to work saying, "Jesus, I just want to be alone with You! I just want to enjoy You!"

And this is the song that came up in my mind. It's from ol' Sufjan, who I love. This is such a sweet song, contrasted my desire to be alone with Him with what He has done to be alone with me. Enjoy!

 http://youtu.be/FoQzWb_f1oA

I'd swim across Lake Michigan
I'd sell my shoes
I'd give my body to be back again
In the rest of the room
To be alone with you
To be alone with you
To be alone with you
To be alone with you

You gave your body to the lonely
They took your clothes
You gave up a wife and a family
You gave your ghost
To be alone with me
To be alone with me
To be alone with me
You went up on a tree

To be alone with me
You went up on a tree

I've never known a man who loved me


-"To Be Alone With You", Sufjan Stevens 



No comments:

Post a Comment