Sunday, December 25, 2011

Merry Christmas!

A very, very Merry Christmas to you, dear readers. I hope you have a truly refreshing and joyful day with your friends, family, or yourself.

You know, sometimes I find the Facebook and Twitter postings this time of year a little nauseating - "Suzie Cue is blessed with the very bestest family in the whole wide universe and they are all snuggled next to a perfectly picturesque fireplace with a generous but not overly extravagant pile of expensive and thoughtful presents, gazing into each others' eyes and giggling with the overwhelming sense of familial love and yuletide spirit."As these statuses flood my newsfeed (and I even write one of my own), I can't help but wonder if we're all trying to one-up each other with our holiday spirit, or with how much more we have to be thankful for than everyone else.

That's the cynical part of my brain. And maybe it's a little bit true. But you know what? If it makes all of us take a step back and really see how great our lives are for the most part (especially here in the Western lands of plenty), I'm on board. I know I need a little more of that perspective for the rest of the year.

So I hope you are taking this time to celebrate not only the bounty and blessings of your life, but also the overflowing graciousness of a God who has sought to meet us where we are. I hope that we all take a little bit of the spirit of this season with us through the year.

Merry Christmas!



No comments:

Post a Comment