Friday, March 16, 2012

Books Like Whoa: Books of the Planes (Volume 1)

These days, I spend an awful lot of time in and around airplanes. I fly between Chicago and DC every week at the same times. I actually am spending less time commuting now than I was in DC (yes, you should feel bad for those who are still stuck on 66 every day), but nevertheless, this shakes out to about 8 hours in travel weekly.

As I'm want to do in any public location, I usually scope out what other people are reading. Turns out, people are crazy and weird, if I'm judging by the random sample of tomes at O'Hare and DCA. So, inspired by Cover Spy, I'm going to start a new feature where I'll report back on what bizarre (or sometimes, just widely popular) titles my fellow travelers are enjoying. I'll start with my favorites from the last month:



Yesterday I Cried by Iyanla Vanzant (Middle aged man, glasses, suit, not crying)



The Complete Idiot's Guide to Birdwatching (Flight attendant in her mid-30s, uniform, brown hair)


Unknown book written in Greek (Female seatmate on flight to Knoxville, reading on iPad)


The Lightning Thief by Rick Riordan (Mom reading aloud to her little boy during takeoff, sparkly bookmark, green biking shirt and black stretch shorts) - this wasn't crazy or odd, just sweet

No comments:

Post a Comment