Wednesday, May 9, 2012

England: The Non-Bookish Edition

'Ello gov'unr! I am back from the Mother Isle- I felt refreshed upon first landing back in the USA, but that has been swiftly beaten out of me by work. Alas- this is the plight of man.

Anyways, we did a lot of things I'd already done/seen before, so I didn't take a ton of pictures. But we did go to a couple of new places, so I thought I would share some of my pictures from those outings...

We took a day trip to Oxford and spent a lot of time wondering around Christ Church college:









We also took a day trip that included a stop at Windsor... and while we were inside, we saw THE QUEEN! She was presenting new flags to a regiment that was back from Afghanistan. It was awesome - she was rocking a pink skirt suit and looking very stately... Here are some pics of her castle:




We also stopped at the Cotswolds' village of Lacock to eat a pub established in the 1300's... Very idyllic:










And we spent a little time in Bath (what an unusual English city!):






And on the last day, we took high tea in the Orangery on the Kensington Palace grounds. Afterwards, we walked in the gardens a bit, which was lovely:


We had a really good time and I always love being in England. I hope to make it my homeland some day... until then, I have to satisfy myself with the occasional trip.

What surprised me, however, was how many of our outings were bookish in nature! So look for more to come on my trip to England...

4 comments:

  1. SIGH. I'm a teensy bit jealous. (-; So glad you had a fun time in jolly old England!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We should run away together to the English countryside! Let's do it!

      Delete
  2. Forgive my callow thoughts, but I cannot see the Cotswolds without thinking of Godric's Hollow....

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Girl, if you think that Harry Potter did not film there, you are sadly mistaken... Go watch #1 and #6 and Lacock makes an appearance

      Delete