Wednesday, August 29, 2012

The State of the Franklynn

So... I've been a little MIA. I have received several pointed texts and comments about my blogosphere absence, which I take to mean at least some of you guys have missed me. To those who have been wondering where I am, I apologize and I'll catch you up. To those who haven't, no harm, no foul.

Well, I'm officially unemployed - yay! I'm officially completely packed/shipped for Vancouver and unpacked in Knoxville - yay! I'm officially a TN permanent resident and a soon to be Canadian temporary resident - yay! I've been all around town getting all of the necessary ducks in a row and I will tell you what. It is a full time job. Praise the Lord that I've had so much time off to get everything taken care of or I quite possibly could have turned into a sniveling mess.

The result of so much good productivity, however? I have had little time or energy for three of my favorite things: reading, writing, and blogging. Luckily, most of my to-do list is crossed off at this point (what an amazingly satisfying feeling), so that means I will be devoting some quality time to visiting with friends and doing a lot of those other 3 things.

As things quiet down a little bit before the big move, I'm taking some time to reflect on what the last 3 years have been about. What did that time mean for me as a person? I probably won't really understand that for years to come, but it's been illuminating to start to process those questions. You will likely see the fruit of some of that in the next few days, but I'll do my best to keep in entertaining and not emo. ;)

I am heartily ready to be settled down in Vancouver, which I will be as of this Saturday. Prayers and good wishes are much appreciated as we get back and forth on the boarder with all my stuff. I am very thankful and lucky that my parents are going to help me out with the move - I know that I can do these things by myself, but it is so much easier and less stressful to have people there to support me. I would have been miserable if my dad and aunt hadn't helped me so much with the move from DC (and my uncle with the most amazing ribs of all time). It's a good and humbling thing for me to ask for help and I'm lucky that I have a family who always rises to the occasion.

Anyways, that's where I've been. We will be flying out first thing on Friday (prayers that United doesn't lose all the luggage!) and then I will be an official Canadian temporary resident. I kind of can't believe this is really happening...

What have you been up to in the last hazy, crazy days of summer?



No comments:

Post a Comment