Friday, December 21, 2012

Freaking Out About Paul McCartney

So I believe I am on record as being a Paul McCartney nut, yes? Yes. I am. Have been since age 6 - my dad did not permit modern music in his vehicle, so I was not party to the Spice Girl craze or the early days of boy band mania. Instead, I had the Dave Clark 5 and the Who to crush on... but most importantly, I had the Beatles. Specifically Paul. Basically, I feel about Paul McCartney now the way that teeny-boppers will feel about Justin Bieber in 13 years.

Thus, we come to one of the best presents I've ever received: I saw Paul live in Vancouver just a few weeks ago! I can't even talk about how great he was... he played for 3 hours without a break, used 12+ different instruments, and sounded amazing. Dude is 70! How is this possible?

I won't babble on and on... I'll just share one of the seminal moments of this concert (pardon my wahooing in the background):


Adele, I love you... but the bar has been set by a 70 year old man on stage production for a Bond theme song. Can you dig it?

What is your "bucket list" concert?

2 comments:

  1. That's tough - Adele is definitely on the list. I saw Florence this summer and she has to be one of the best concerts I have seen. I would see Ray Lamontange again in a heart beat.

    There are also concerts I would go to just because I enjoy music, like I saw U2 back in 2005, the acoustics sucked and we paid and arm and a leg and maybe even a portion of an organ for the seats and they were horrible. But I've seen U2.

    PS. This isn't some random commenter from cyberspace, it's a fellow soup lover with a secret internet identity.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ooo, I would love to see Adele and Florence! Not sure that I'll get a chance any time soon, but those ladies seem like they are in it for the long haul, so hopefully they will stay on the road long enough to make that happen.

      Ray Lamontange was amazing - but the least chatty musician I have ever seen. I think he said maybe 50 words aside from the songs themselves the whole night.

      PS - I think I've cracked the soup code, mystery commenter ;)

      Delete