Monday, September 9, 2013

GIFing a Crazy Two Weeks

In the last 2 weeks days, I have moved house, thrown a BBQ for 150 people, started a new job, turned in 3 papers, organized too many events, been trained for a variety of tasks, gone to a dozen parties... and probably many other things. But I've blocked that out.

And school starts today.

Basically, I feel a little bit like a crazy person. I don't really know how to write about that, so I won't. I'll GIF it.

I started out excited. Like, really excited - so many happy things in such a short time? When I got back from Portland, I was ready and rearin' to get started at the new job.



Then I realized I had a sinus infection.




And that I hadn't really packed yet for my move.


And that I was going to have to go to the Canadian equivalent of the DMV to get my SIN card to work.




Luckily, once again, Canadian bureaucratic interactions are 100x more pleasant than their American equivalent and we got in and out of there in 45 minutes. I kind of couldn't believe it...



Plus, I had the world's best crew to help me move.



Between us 6 ladies, we took care of business.



Meaning that by Saturday, I was all moved out of the old place and settled into the new. And it was good.



Until I remembered that I had a bajillion more thing to do in the week ahead.



But whatever. I looked at my to do list and was like, bring it.



I got this.



All week, my ambiverted self was divided. The extrovert in me was ecstatic to hang out with so many new people....



While the introverted side of me was freaking out a little bit.



By Thursday, I was kind of done.



I achieved a zen-like state of non-caring.



But I had to buck up. It was the big day - training, prayer, BBQ, oh my!



At the end of the day, I was too tired to feel anything but relieved that it was over.



Friday's training day was pretty low key and I started to feel like myself again.



By the end of this weekend, I was feeling good.



Until I realized that school starts on Monday.




So...  Hopefully things will calm down after this first week. But maybe I shouldn't hold my breath for that.

No comments:

Post a Comment